What Should To Do In Case Fire In The Hospital


One of the most important reasons for which I decided to adopt better fire-resistant techniques in my hospital are the recent incidents of fire in some of the hospitals that caught my attention. Luckily, I chanced upon a video while searching for fire-resistant solutions on the internet and what popped up was Fire resistant paint, which evoked my interest.

So I started looking for more options on the internet to make my hospital more secure. My hospital is about to start operations very soon and quite naturally, I was quite keen to learn more about making the premises safe from the fire hazards.


Things You Must Know

The fire hazards occurring in the hospitals may come in different shapes and sizes. While digging through the benefits of the fire retardant paints, I realized that it would be easy for me to safeguard the health of the people. With every application, I can improve the safety of the people as well. What’s more the Fire Resistant Paint in India is also suitable for different surfaces.

I have applied it on timber and steel when I came to know that it is the best choice for different substrates. Whether it is to apply the paint on the walls, ceilings or in the common areas, I am confident about the suitability of this paint and the way it can upgrade the safety in my hospital.

Read Also: Importance Of Fire Resistant Paint Spray In India

Detailed Plan for Fire Emergency

While I coated the hospital with a fire-retardant paint, I also took care to develop a detailed plan to handle the fire emergency situations as well.  The most important thing for me was to involve all the members of the facility in the plan. For instance,

I decided to move ahead with the communication technique to be followed when the fire detectors sense smoke or fire in the premises. The motive is to enable the staff to get the news of fire immediately so as to take the right action without creating panic.

Appointing Staff for Damage Assessment

Who is going to handle the communication and the damage-assessment after the fire? I decided to appoint separate set of staff to handle these jobs. I realized that the development of this plan will help me to address the post-fire issues quickly and immediately held discussions with the staff and figured out the people who are capable of handling this job efficiently.

Educating The Staff

The last thing I needed to handle was the training and the education of the staff. It was only when I identified the staff for handling the respective duties during the incident of fire and managing the situation afterward that I went on with the training programs.

For me, it was all about focussing on proactive thinking that allowed me to handle the threat of fire. I also decided to update and upgrade the equipment and carry out regular assessments for measuring the safety of the hospital premises.

Read More: 6 Ways to Build Fireproof Building



No comments:

Post a Comment